COVID-19 UPDATE: What We Are Doing To Keep Staff & Patients Safe
The Coronavirus is making people understandably anxious and fearful. As an essential medical service, we would like you to know what 360 Orthopedics is doing to keep our staff and patients safe while we treat patients requiring orthopedic treatment that cannot be delayed.
Current protocols we have in place:
- Patients with upcoming appointments are reminded via text or voice messaging that we will reschedule their appointments if they have a fever and/or experiencing signs of illness. This message is confirmed twice prior to the appointment.
- We are asking that patients enter our facility alone unless medically necessary. This facilitates proper distancing inside our buildings. There are large signs with this message posted in clinic and physical therapy reception areas.
- Patients are offered the option of calling or texting us upon arrival for their appointment so that they may remain in their transportation mode until called in for their appointment.
- Chairs have been distanced in reception areas to allow for safer space.
- Magazines have been removed from reception areas to avoid transfer of germs. Toys have been removed from the children’s area.
- Public areas are being wiped down on a frequent basis and hand sanitizers are available for everyone throughout our facilities.
- Any staff member experiencing signs of illness will be sent home to recover.
- Physical therapy is now dedicated to post-surgical and medically necessary patients; this is being evaluated on a week by week basis.
- We will implement a screening process for everyone entering our facilities.
As more information is forthcoming, we will amend our protocols appropriately. If you have questions, please feel free to send them via our contact page on our website at: