HERE’S SOMETHING YOU MIGHT NOT THINK OF …
It’s a festive time of year when we are in a mad rush to decorate our homes and buy those special presents for our loved ones. What about a family member or friend who has to undergo surgery during this time of year? It’s hard to celebrate when you’re in the healing process and who doesn’t love being pampered after a surgery or long hospital stay? Thoughtful personal gifts or gift baskets with items that help nurture someone on the mend will be well appreciated and more lasting than flowers.
Here are 15 ideas when you want to give more than a get well card:
- A basket of comforting tea samples and wildflower honey sticks
- Adult coloring books and pencils
- Jammies / robe
- Non-skid slippers
- An uplifting book
- Healing herb plant
- Plush pillow or throw
- Offer to tidy up their house
- A lap desk to use when they are in bed
- Lavender oil products (healing benefits)
- Pampering gift basket with lotion, soaps, magazine, bottled water, mints
- Homemade soup to eat now or freeze
- Healing Himalayan salt block lamp
- Meal delivery
- Play chauffer to run errands
There are probably many more. What are your suggestions?
At Sarasota Orthopedic Associates our mission is to get our patients back on their feet, back to work, back in the game, and back to life. We have three locations and offer same/next day appointments when needed. Call us at 941-951-BONE or visit our website here.